Jade Lee Blogs

Thoughts and Stuff from Jade Lee, author of Exotic Fiction

Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Book to Watch For!


A long while ago I was told that no one would publish romance novels set in China. Fortunately, I hadn't heard that until AFTER I sold WHITE TIGRESS, the first of my six book series set in Shanghai, China 1900.


Then, many years later, I was invited to give a First Sale bouquet of roses to a bright young woman who had just sold, you guessed it, a book set in China. BUTTERFLY SWORDS by Jeannie Lin is set in the TANG Dynasty China, and will be published by Harlequin Historicals in October. Well, I not only gave her a bouquet of roses, I also gave her a cover quote. She just sent me the cover, and I had to share. Isn't it beautiful? I'll try to make it big enough for you to read the back cover copy too!


Congratulations, Jeannie!


2 Comments:

Blogger Jeannie Lin said...

Thanks Jade -- for the first flowers, the cover quote, and most importantly, the inspiration! I love the Tigress series and wouldn't have had the thick skull to try to do this if it weren't for those books.

June 22, 2010 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Jade Lee said...

You deserve all the kudos, Jeannie. You wrote the book, and I loved it!

June 29, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home